Buffalo Chicken Strips
(Half pictured with buffalo wing sauce and half plain.)
Calories 257 (13% from fat)
Fat 4 gram
Saturated Fat 0.6 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 109 mg.
Sodium 796 mg.
Carb. 25 gram
Fiber 2 gram
Sugar 6 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 32 gram
fat free cooking spray
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
1 large egg
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
(We used Crystal Wing Sauce. It had lower sodium and no fat.)
1/2 cup fat free ranch dressing
(We used Kraft Free Ranch)
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and put a baking rack on top. Lightly coat the baking rack with fat free cooking spray.
2. Trim any visible fat off the chicken breast and cut it into bite sized strips about 3 inches long.
3. Put the egg in a shallow bowl and beat it thoroughly. Then spread the wheat germ on a large plate.
4. Take each chicken piece and fist dip in the egg substitute, then dust with the wheat germ and finally put it on the baking rack.
5. Bake for 30 minutes BUT, remember to turn them over after the first 15 minutes. After 30 minutes, turn the heat up to broil and cook for 5 additional minutes to make it crispy.
6. Take the chicken out of the oven and put it in a bowl with the buffalo wing sauce. Toss until thoroughly coated and put on a serving plate. (If you don't want the hot sauce you can serve them right out of the oven with just the dipping sauce.) Pour 1/2 cup of fat free ranch dressing in a small bowl for dipping.
Yield: 4 Servings