Baked Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard Sauce
Calories 336 (15% from fat)
Fat 5.35 gram
Saturated Fat 2 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 101 mg.
Sodium 350 mg.
Carb. 26 gram
Fiber 1.5 gram
Sugar 12.5 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 42.5 gram
1 cup instant mashed potato flakes
2 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp. paprika
1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
2 egg whites
1 lb. boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
Fat-free cooking spray
2 Tbsp. honey
1 cup (8 oz.) plain lowfat yogurt
2 Tbsp. mustard
2. In a bowl mix together potato flakes, Parmesan cheese, paprika and onion powder.
3. Beat egg whites in another bowl until frothy.
4. Coat chicken strips in egg whites and then dredge through potato mixture. Place coated chicken nuggets on parchment paper.
5. Spray nuggets with fat-free cooking spray.
6. Bake chicken for 4 minutes. Remove from oven, turn the strips over and spray again with fat-free cooking spray. (Don't skip this step or the chicken will tend to be soft instead of crisp.)
7. Return to over and bake for 1 to 3 minutes longer until chicken is crisp and thoroughly cooked.
8. Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and serve with the chicken as soon as the nuggets come out of the oven.
Yield: 4 Servings
Wrap the muffins individually so they can be taken out and heated one at a time when you want to eat.
When re-heating a muffin, wrap in a damp paper towel and it will come back much more moist.