Banana Nut Muffins
Calories 159 (28% from fat)
Fat 5 gram
Saturated Fat 1 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 13 mg.
Sodium 108 mg.
Carb. 24 gram
Fiber 1 gram
Sugar 9 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 6 gram
1/2 cup honey
4 Tbsp. safflower oil
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 bananas)
1/4 cup skim (fat-free) milk
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream (about 4 oz.)
(We used Breakstone's Reduced Fat)
3 egg whites
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
3 scoops (1 cup) GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein Vanilla Flavor
1/4 cup pecans
Non-fat cooking spray
1. Blend the first 7 ingredients (honey through egg whites) in a bowl and set aside. Make sure to beat the eggs well and mash up the banana.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Combine the next 5 ingredients (flour through pecans) in a separate bowl.
4. Mix the two bowls (wet and dry ingredients) together.
5. Spoon batter into muffin tins, approximately 1/4 cup of batter per muffin.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
This muffin is a great compliment to a breakfast or as a snack during the day.
Yield: 20 Muffins
Wrap the muffins individually so they can be taken out and heated one at a time when you want to eat.
When re-heating a muffin, wrap in a damp paper towel and it will come back much more moist.