Corn Bread Salad
Calories 404 (14% from fat)
Fat 6 gram
Saturated Fat 2 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 45 mg.
Sodium 927 mg.
Carb. 67 gram
Fiber 10 gram
Sugar 17 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 20 gram
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup cornmeal
3 Tbsp. Splenda
(We used the box that measures cup for cup like sugar.)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 egg whites
1 cup (8 oz.) fat free sour cream
1 tsp. imitation butter flavor extract
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 can (15.25 oz.) no salt added whole kernel corn, undrained
1 can (14.75 oz.) no salt added cream style corn
fat free butter flavored cooking spray
1 can (14.5 oz.) no salt added diced tomatoes
1 can (15 oz) no salt added navy beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (14.5 oz.) no salt added cut green beans, drained
1 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
1 lb. lean turkey ham, cubed
(We used Jenni-O Lean Turkey Ham.)
1/2 cup fat free ranch dressing
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
1/2 cup fat free mayonaise
1. Pre-Heat the over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix the first four dry ingredients, flour through baking powder in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whip together the next six wet ingredients, egg whites through cream style corn. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together.
2. Use a fat free butter flavored spray and coat a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Pour the corn bread mix into the baking dish and cook for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
3. Let the corn bread cool and then crumble it.
4. Get a large serving bowl and mix together the tomatoes, navy beans, green beans, onion, relish and turkey ham. Fold in the ranch dressing, sour cream and mayonaise.
5. Start layering the ingredients. Put half the corn bread in a serving dish and cover it with half the salad mixture. Then spread the remaining corn bread on top and cover it all with the remaining salad mixture.
6. You can eat this right away or let it chill for an hour before serving.
Yield: 8 Servings