Chicken & Fruit Salad
Calories 295 (26% from fat)
Fat 8 gram
Saturated Fat 3 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 76 mg.
Sodium 400 mg.
Carb. 21 gram
Fiber 4 gram
Sugar 16 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 34 gram
fat-free butter spray
1 lb. chicken breast (no skin), cubed
8 cups (14 oz.) shredded romaine leaves
1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
3 Tbsp. fruit-flavored vinegar
(We used Pompeian Pomegranate Infused Balsamic Vinegar.)
4 tsp. Splenda
(We used the box that measures cup for cup like sugar.)
1 1/2 tsp. poppy seeds
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
20 watermelon balls (8.6 oz.)
1/2 small cantaloupe, melon balls (8 oz.)
1/2 small honeydew, melon balls (8 oz.)
3 oz. reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
2 Tbsp. toasted walnuts, chopped
1. Coat a non-stick pan with fat-free spray. Then cook the chicken breast in the pan over medium heat until both sides are browned and the center is no longer pink, about 7-8 minutes per side. Cut the cooked chicken breast up into cubes, cover and put in the refrigerator to chill.
2. Wash, shred and put the romaine leaves in a large mixing bowl.
3. Stir the next five ingredients, sour cream through black pepper, together in a small mixing bowl. This is the dressing. Set 1/4 cup aside, then pour the remaining dressing over the top of the romaine and toss until it's completely coated.
4. Use a melon baller or tablespoon to carve out melon balls from the watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew. Mix all three in with the coated romaine lettuce.
5. Mix the cubed chicken in with the rest of the salad. Then divide onto 4 serving plates. Pour the remaining dressing over each of the four servings. Divide the crumbled feta cheese and walnuts over each serving. They're ready to eat.
Yield: 4 Servings