Chicken Pasta Salad
Calories 413 (25% from fat)
Fat 11.25 gram
Saturated Fat 5 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 109 mg.
Sodium 528 mg.
Carb. 41 gram
Fiber 2.5 gram
Sugar 5 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (average weight is 4 oz. raw per chicken breast)
1 package tricolor tortellini (8.8 oz)
(We used Ronzoni Filled Pasta Cheese & Garlic TriColor Tortellini.)
2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed
1 Tbsp. basil
2 Tbsp. refrigerated pesto
(We used Monterey Pasta Company CarbSmart Clasic Pesto Sauce.)
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1. Cut chicken into bite sized cubes. Then cook chicken until brown in large skillet with fat-free cooking spray. Chicken is done when no longer pink inside. (Approximately 5-8 minutes. )
2. Put tortellini in pot with 2 quarts of boiling water. Stir gently and cook for 7 minutes. Add sugar snap peas and cook an additional 4 minutes.
3. Drain pasta and peas, rinse with cold water. Pour in large bowl and toss with basil and pesto.
4. Fold in tomatoes, cooked chicken and pepper.
5. Refrigerate for 1 hour and serve.
Yield: 4 Servings