Quick Chicken Paprika
Calories 274 (24% from fat)
Fat 7.5 gram
Saturated Fat 2.6 gram
Trans Fat 2.6 gram
Cholesterol 56 mg.
Sodium 943 mg.
Carb. 19 gram
Fiber 3.6 gram
Sugar 9 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 35 gram
3 cups riced cauliflower
(We used Green Giant Riced Veggies Cauliflower - two 10-ounce bags.)
1 Tbsp. canola oil
2 cups yellow onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, excess fat removed and chopped into bite-size pieces
1 Tbsp. paprika
1/4 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
3 oz. fat-free plain Greek yogurt
(We used half of a 6 oz. container of Fage Total 0% Milkfat Nonfat Greek Yogurt.)
3 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
6 Tbsp. Tabasco Brand Sriracha (or to taste)
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
This is a slightly tangy, cheesy chicken dish that can be done in under 15 minutes. It's also easy to freeze extra servings for quick re-heating later. The Tabasco Srirach really makes it tasty.
This recipe is higher in sodium. If you're on a low sodium diet, you might need to consider another option.
1. Start by heating up the riced cauliflower according to package directions. While it's heating up, cook the meal.
2. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once it's warm, add the oil.
3. Pour the onion into the skillet and sauté for three minutes. Then add the red pepper and sauté for another 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the chicken and paprika, then cook while stirring often, until the chicken is no longer pink. This will take about 5 minutes. Once the internal temperature of the chicken is at 165 degrees Fahrenheit, it's cooked.
5. Add the broth to the pan and scrape any bits that might have stuck to the edges into the mix.
6. Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt.
7. Put 1/2 cup of riced cauliflower on each plate. Divide the chicken into 6 servings, about 1/2 cup each. Sprinkle cheese over the rice, then put each chicken serving on top. Spread Tabasco Brand Sriracha over everything. Add fresh parsley for a garnish if you want.
Yield: 6 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later. Leave out the cheese and add that once you re-heat it.
Microwave on high for approximately 2 -3 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.