English Muffin Mini Pizzas
Calories 122 (28% from fat)
Fat 3.7 gram
Saturated Fat 1.7 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 7 mg.
Sodium 166 mg.
Carb. 19 gram
Fiber 4.5 gram
Sugar 4 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 7.6 gram
1/2 lb. (8 oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breast
1/4 cup diced onion
2 whole wheat English muffins
(We used Thomas' Light Multi-Grain muffins.)
1 cup low sodium pasta sauce
(We used Walnut Acres Organic, Low Sodium, Fat Free, Tomato & Basil.)
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 cup diced mushrooms
8 tsp. reduced fat Parmesan style grated topping
(We used Kraft Reduced Fat Parmesan Style Grated Topping.)
2 slices (21 g per slice) mozzarella cheese
sprinkle oregano over top to taste
sprinkle chili peppers over top to taste
1. Chop the chicken into small pieces and then dice up the onion. Warm a non-stick pan over medium heat, then add the chicken and onion, stir and cook until lightly browned, approximately 6-8 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly spray a baking pan with fat-free cooking spray. Then cut the English muffins in half and lightly toast them. Lay each half on the tray face up.
3. Mix the pasta sauce, basil and minced garlic in a bowl. Then pour 1/4 of a cup of the pasta sauce mixture over each muffin.
4. Dice the mushrooms and put 1 Tbsp on top of each muffin. Divide the chicken and onion up and place on top of the muffins, about 2 oz. per muffin.
5. Sprinkle 2 tsp. Parmesan grated topping on each muffin. Bake the mini pizzas for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and top each one with 1/2 slice of mozzarella cheese. Put back in the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
6. Let cool for 2-3 minutes and serve.
Yield: 4 Servings - This recipe is easy to double or more for parties and larger gatherings.