Balsamic Glazed Tuna with Couscous & Sugar Snap Peas
Calories 506 (6% from fat)
Fat 3 gram
Saturated Fat 1 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 130 mg.
Sodium 430 mg.
Carb. 40 gram
Fiber 2 gram
Sugar 9 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 73 gram
Fat Free cooking spray
1-1/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
4 (8-ounce) tuna steaks (about 3/4 inch thick)
1/4 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
1 Tbsp. fat-free balsamic vinegar
4 tsp. dark brown sugar
1 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 tsp. cornstarch
1/4 cup diagonally sliced green onions
1 cup uncooked couscous
1/2 lb. sugar snap peas
1. Start a pot of boiling water and steam peas.
2. Cook couscous according to package directions.
3. Place a grill pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Sprinkle pepper and salt over fish. Place fish in grill pan; cook 3 minutes on each side until medium-rare or desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat.
4. Combine broth, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Spoon glaze over fish; top with green onions.
5. Serve Tuna with couscous and sugar snap peas.
Yield: 4 Servings