Pina Colada Jell-O Salad
Calories 134 (30% from fat)
Fat 4.4 gram
Saturated Fat 1.7 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 4 mg.
Sodium 151 mg.
Carb. 19 gram
Fiber 1 gram
Sugar 16 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 4 gram
1 cup boiling hot water
1 packet (.30 oz.) sugar free Lemon Jell-O
1 packet (.30 oz.) sugar free Lime Jell-O
1/4 cup fat free half and half
1 cup coconut water
3/4 cup Fresca original citrus
(or sugar free lemon-lime soda)
1 cup fat free sour cream
1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple, crushed
1/4 cup macadamia nuts, crushed
4 Tbsp. sweetened coconut, shredded and divided
buttery cooking spray
This is a salad that would have been familiar to people who grew up in the 1970s. The flavors of pineapple, shredded coconut and macadamia nuts combine into a fun medley. Our version cuts out half the sugar, two-thirds of the fat and tastes great.
1. Pour the cup of hot water in a bowl. Then stir the Jell-O packets in for approximately 2 minutes, until they are thoroughly dissolved.
2. Whisk in the half and half, coconut water, Fresca and sour cream. Cover and put in the refrigerator.
3. Set a timer for 10 minutes, take the bowl out and stir it. Repeat two more times until 30 minutes have passed.
4. Stir in the crushed pineapple, macadamia nuts and 2 tablespoons of the shredded coconut. Pour the entire mixture into a six cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. (You can also use a bundt cake pan coated with cooking spray.) Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
5. Once the Jell-O is firm, put a platter over the top and flip over (unmold the Jell-O). Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut over the top, cut and serve.
Yield: 8 Servings