Berry Baked Oatmeal
Calories 180 (15% from fat)
Fat 3 gram
Saturated Fat 0.5 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 9 mg.
Sodium 231 mg.
Carb. 31 gram
Fiber 4 gram
Sugar 12 gram
Sugar Alcohol 6 gram
Protein 9.5 gram
buttery cooking spray
1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
1 1/2 cups of oats
(We used Quaker Oats.)
1/4 cup oat bran
1/3 cup packed Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
1 cup (1 scoop) vanilla protein powder
(We used GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein Vanilla Flavor.)
2 Tbsp. chia seeds
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon, ground
1/2 tsp. dried orange peel spice
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups fat free milk
(We used fairlife Fat Free Ultra-filtered Milk Lactose Free.)
4 large egg whites
3 Tbsp. sugar free honey
(We used Honey Tree's Sugar Free Imitation Honey.)
1 1/2 Tbsp. light butter
(We used I can't believe it's not Butter! the Light one.)
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup blueberries
Start your day with this fruit and protein-filled breakfast, or enjoy it after a workout. We cut out over 1/3 of the sugar from the original version that appeared in allrecipes.com.
1. Spray an 8x8 inch glass baking dish with the buttery cooking spray.
2. Cut the strawberries up and lay them out in the bottom of the baking dish.
3. Mix the following nine ingredients, oats, oat bran, Splenda brown sugar, protein powder, chia seeds, baking powder, cinnamon, orange peel and salt together in a bowl. Once they're combined, pour the DRY oat mixture over top of the strawberries and level it out.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Whisk the next five ingredients together, milk, egg whites, honey, butter and vanilla. Once it's thoroughly combined, pour it on top over the dry oat mixture. Poke a fork a few times in the mix to make sure the wet ingredients are seeping into the dry oats.
6. Spread the blueberries evenly over the top and put the dish in the oven. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until the top is lightly browned and it's set when you cut a knife through.
7. Let sit for 10 minutes while it firms up. Then cut into nine pieces and either serve or freeze them for eating later.
Yield: 9 Servings
You can freeze individual bars for easy re-heating later. Make sure they're tightly sealed inside freezer safe containers or bags.
Microwave each bar for approximately 1 minute and 15 seconds.